Welcome to Our Web Site! A Resource for Ethnic Dance in Tallahassee, Florida
*** Yes! Our fall classes at Dance Electric Dance Academy have started - you can join in at any time ***
For more information on our schedule, please call 850-421-5151 or send email to Halimeda
In Step Studio is the longest established ethnic dance classes in Tallahassee with regular classes in Middle Eastern Bellydance,
Polynesian dances, and Flamenco. We were established in 1999
by the award winning Halimeda. Our knowledgable and enthusiastic teachers have traveled and studied internationally;
they bring a wealth of experience unlike any other in the Tallahassee area. Classes are taught at the Dance Electric Dance Academy studio on Capitol Park Road
and at the Northwest branch of the YMCA on Fred George Road.
Class fees are paid either as walk in $10 per class or $90 gets a coupon booklet for 10 regularly scheduled classes taught by Halimeda or 'Aukai. Coupons can be used
when you want. We accept cash, MasterCard,VISA, Discover, American Express, PayPal and checks if the check has your address printed on it.
There are no hidden fees, no performance fees, no excuses just plain GREAT dancing!
Speciality classes by Halimeda available at your studio or ours include:
- Middle Eastern Dance Basics as Aerobics - review at a fast pace!
- Turkish Style Belly Dance - very energetic!
- Zills with Basic Middle Eastern Rhythms Every Dancer Should Know
- Improvisation to Live Drmmming (joined by Michaelis on dumbec)
- "Old School Veil Work" - dancing with fabric with
movements adapatable to any style
- Using the 3/4 Lame Veil - lots of spinning
- Selected Choreography - you pick the choreography, Halimeda will break it down, prepare the notes and teach it. Normally it takes 1 hour to teach 60 minutes of music
for anything but the most simple of choreography. You video the group doing the choreography at the end of the class!